These grilled courgettes and potatoes with their delicious Parmesan crust are a great side dish for your Christmas dinner this year.
For this recipe you will need….
- 4 small potatoes
- 30g of unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1g of chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1g of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 small courgettes
- Salt and black pepper
- 25g of grated Parmesan cheese
- Start by bringing medium pot of water to the boil over a high heat
- Add the potatoes and cook until they are tender, roughly taking 8-10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let them cool, and cut in half.
- Place a medium frying pan over a medium heat, add the butter, garlic, thyme and rosemary and cook until the butter melts.
- Cut the courgettes in half, lengthways and season with salt and pepper.
- Play the courgettes cut side down in the meted butter, and cook for around 12-15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Preheat the grill and line the baking tray with foil and place the courgettes and potatoes on the tray cut side up.
Sprinkle the tops of the courgettes and potatoes with Parmesan and place under the grill till the cheese turns golden brown.