This recipe is for a great side dish for any main meal, healthy and delicious.
For this recipe you will need….
- 1 bunch of broccoli cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons and 1 separate tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/3 of a cup of wine
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- The zest of ½ a lemon
- Cook your broccoli in a large pot of salted, boiling water for roughly 3 minutes. Drain and cool under cold, running water.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil over a medium-high heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cook until lightly toasted, for around 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wine, pepper flakes and broccoli, sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring frequently, for roughly 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and lemon zest.