These cookies are the perfect sweet treat, while still being healthy and not too naughty. This recipe will make 30 of these delicious little cookies.
For this recipe you will need…
- 2 cups of hazelnuts, skinned and toasted.
- 1 and ¼ cups of sugar.
- 4 large egg whites.
- ½ of a teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Pulse the nuts and sugar in a food processor and put into a large bowl.
- Beat together the egg whites and salt, in another bowl with an electric whisk, until stiff peaks are formed.
- Using a rubber spatula, add the egg mixture into the nut mixture, gently folding it and adding in the vanilla extract.
- Place the batter onto the baking tray, using a tablespoon to portion, leaving 2 inches between each cookie to allow for expansion during baking.
- Bake the cookies for 25-30 minutes, until they are golden brown, allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray then transfer onto a wire rack.
- Tuck in and enjoy your little sweet treats, you can store them for up to a week in an airtight container.
Why not share your results on social media, using the hashtag #CapriRecipes. Enjoy!