Now that Christmas is over and the New Year has begun and we all know what that means, the indulging stops and the healthy eating begins. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still eat delicious food. This week’s delicious recipe is Mediterranean Salmon Salad.
For this recipe you will need….
- ½ a cup of uncooked orzo
- 2 salmon fillets
- ¼ of a teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of dried
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups of torn spinach
- ½ a cup of chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ of a cup of chopped green onions
- 4 large black olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of crumbled up feta cheese
- Preheat a pan of boiling water
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package
- Sprinkle the salmon evenly with salt, oregano and black pepper onto a broiler pan coated with cooking spray
- Broil for roughly 10 minutes, till the fish is easily flaking, and let it stand for 5 minutes with the heat off
- Combine the pasta, salmon, spinach and remaining ingredients into a medium bowl, toss well and serve and enjoy
Make 2016 a healthy and delicious one with this salmon pasta salad, with only 231 calories.