This week’s recipe is a simple, sweet biscotti, full of flavour but easy and quick to make.
For this recipe you will need;
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 3 & ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1tbsp of anise (aniseed) oil or 3 drops of aniseed oil.
- Start by preheating our oven to 190°C and grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, eggs, sugar and anise flavouring till the mixture is well blended.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces and roll each piece into a roll, the length of your cookie sheet.
- Place the rolls onto the cookie sheet and press down so they are ½ an inch thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown, remove and leave to cool.
- Once cool enough to touch, slice the cookies into ½ inch slices, then place the cookies cut side up and bake for a further 6-10 minutes on each side.