This week’s recipe is a perfect starter or addition to family meals – king prawns in garlic, butter and white wine.
For this recipe you will need;
For the butter sauce;
- 1lb of butter, at room temperature
- 2tsps of black pepper
- ¼ tsp of Cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp of sweet paprika
- 1tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of sweet paprika
- 1stp of dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 bulbs of garlic, finely chopped
- 2tsps of Worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp of Tabasco
- 1 ½ tsp of water
For the king prawns
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 120ml of dry white wine
- 1lb of raw king prawns, peeled, cleaned and deveined
- A bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
We suggest you serve this dish with bread, to mop up all the delicious sauce.
For the butter sauce…
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl, adding all the spices, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and water.
- Blend at a high speed, or whisk until completely mixed.
- Refrigerate till cold to touch.
For the king prawns…
- Add the olive oil to a hot pan, add in the king prawns and cook for 90 seconds
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the spring onion, continue to cook till the prawns are just cooked
- Remove the prawns and set aside
- Add in the white wine and reduce by half
- Return the prawns to the pan and add 6oz of the butter mixture
(the rest of the butter can be frozen to repeat this recipe at a later date)
- Heat gently until the butter sauce is melted and serve immediately.